If you find it difficult to access particular tool or settings by searching through the Windows or even from the Windows settings or Control panel, then let us enlighten you with a folder which contains all the Windows administration tools, backup and restore options and other management tools, features and options, comprehensively divided into sections for easy access for the users to scroll through and find the right option to manipulate. This folder sits on your desktop, from where you can access it quickly and easily. If you’re looking for such feature from where you can access all the Windows tools and settings that are available in a single window? Then you should also enable the “God Mode” Folder in your Windows 10.
The “God Mode” folder doesn’t unlock any secret or hidden feature in your Windows that will let you manipulate any tool or settings that you can’t do or find in the regular Windows settings or tools. The “God Mode” folder mainly contains the administrator tools and settings options available in the Windows Control Panel and other Windows admin’ Management and settings categorized in a Window’s folder with an easy scroll through interface for you.
You can search the related settings or tool form the Windows search but sometimes you might need to know what you are looking for in order to search and locate the specific tool or settings. That’s why “God Mode” folder contains the 212 items that can easily be browsed through to locate the specific option. The “God Mode” is just a standard folder name that is given to it by the Microsoft community, you can rename it to any preferred name you like for instance you can name it as, “OSstuff Mode”.
Here are the categories that are included inside the God Mode Folder, the categories are expandable into other subcategories of the features and tools. The number of items and Categories might become less or more according to the new additions from the Windows Update.
- Administrative Tools (Configures Administrative settings for your computer)
- AutoPlay (Change default settings of multi-media)
- Backup and Restore (Recover Copies of your files backed up in Windows 7)
- BitLocker Drive Encryption (Protect your PC using BitLocker drive encryption )
- Color Management (change advance color management settings for display, scanners, and printers)
- Credential Manager (Manage your computers credentials)
- Date and Time (set the date, time and time zone for your computer )
- Device and Printers (view and manage devices, printers and print jobs)
- Ease of Access Center (Make your computer easier to use)
- File Explorer Options (Customize the display of files and folders)
- File History (Keep a history of your files)
- Fonts (Add, change and manage fonts)
- Indexing Options (change how Windows indexes to search faster)
- Infrared (configure infrared file transfer, image transfer, and hardware settings)
- Internet Options (configure your internet display and connection settings)
- Keyboard (configure keyboard settings)
- Mouse (configure mouse settings)
- Networking and Sharing Center (Check network status, change network settings and set preferences for sharing files and printers)
- Phone and Modem (configure your telephone dialing rules and modem settings)
- Power Options (conserve energy or maximize performance by choosing how your computer manages power)
- Programs and Features (uninstall or change programs on your computer)
- Region (customize language, numbers, times and dates )
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connections
- Security and Maintenance (Review recent messages and resolve problems with your computer)
- Sound (configure the audio devices or change the sound scheme for your computer)
- Speech Recognition (Configure how speech recognition works on your computer)
- Storage Spaces (Help protect your files from drive failure)
- Sync Center (sync files between your computer and network folders)
- System (View information about your computer, and change settings for hardware, performance, and remote connections)
- Taskbar and Navigation (Customize the taskbar, such as the types of items to be displayed and how they should appear)
- Troubleshooting (troubleshoot and fix common computer problems)
- User Accounts (Change user account settings and password for people who share this computer)
- Windows Defender Firewall (Set firewall security options to help protect your computer from hackers and malicious software)
- Windows Mobility Center (adjust display brightness, volume, power options and other commonly used mobile PC settings)
- Work Folders (Access your Work files anywhere, anytime)
So here is the method to use the “God Mode” folder in Windows 10.
Enabling God Mode Folder
Create a new folder on your desktop, in order to do so simply, right-click on any free space on your desktop, a contextual menu will appear. From the menu hover your mouse pointer at the New option as highlighted above, this will cascade another menu from where select the Folder option as highlighted.
After clicking on the Folder option, a folder with a highlighted name of “New folder” will be created on the desktop as shown above.
Now simply copy and paste the following Folder Name in the created folder as shown above. Remember to replace the following name with the “New folder” name.
The GodeMode name can be replaced by any preferred name, followed by a period and the characters remain unchanged.
If you don’t specify any name then you will receive an error acquiring a file name for the folder as shown above.
After renaming the folder with the specified folder name, the folder icon will be changed into Windows Control Panel icon as shown above. Now simply double-click on the icon to open it.
After the folder launches up, you can locate the different option under each category inside the window as shown above. It is always useful to know names of the Windows tools and other features so that you can not only locate them easily but to explore some new features which you might not know and may come in handy for the future use.
That’s it! Hope this article has helped you in enabling the “God Mode” folder in your Windows 10. If you have any confusion or experienced any difficulty following the instructions, please let us know in the comments section below.